5 Big Reasons Why You Need Auto Insurance Coverage In Houston, Texas.
- Coverage in the event of an accident - Thousands of auto accidents are reported each year in Houston, Texas. They range from minor vendor benders to multiple car pile-ups that involve fatalities. In 2008, Houston saw more than 202 fatal car crashes. More than one hundred of those fatal car accidents involved drunk drivers.
- Coverage against crime and theft - Another Reason you need auto insurance protection is because Houstonians live in a massive urban center with higher crime areas that impact your risk of being a victim of auto theft. The FBI says that thefts are on the Rpise - "Five vehicles are stolen every two minutes in the US." - protect yours. Texas is ranked among the top-ten highest rates of auto theft in the US. Every year more than 20,000 vehicle are stolen in Houston, Texas, many of which are never recovered.
- Protection against uninsured drivers - Another reason you need auto insurance coverage in Houston is the frighteningly large number of uninsured drivers on the roads. Of the roughly 20 million vehicles in Texas, 22 percent are not covered by insurance - that's 1 in 5, or nearly 4.5 Million Vehicles in Texas! Unfortunately, the possibility of being involved in an accident with an uninsured driver in Houston is extremely high.
- Peace of Mind - Texas car insurance coverage provides security and peace of mind every time you get on the road. If an accident does occur, it will pay for: the unexpected, costly damages and repairs to your car, any other car or property damage that you are liable for, medical bills, car rental and towing.
- It is the law - Texas State Law requires that all drivers have minimum Texas liability auto insurance.